Saturday, September 11, 2010

2 years

It is exactly 2 years today since I quitted smoking I hope that this will continue for as long as I breathe.

This day is also the tragic anniversary of the Sept 11th attacks on the twin towers. 9 years ago on this day, I was in my aussie room watching TV when normal programs were interrupted by a sudden news flash. I was so shell-shocked when I saw the planes smashed into the towers. It left a deep impression inside me, never was I so distraught for someone else; people half the world apart from where I was.

I swore to myself this; if I ever were to meet terrorists someday I will not cowardly accept my fate. I will attempt to stop them at all costs even if it means I have to perish in the process like those men and women in Flight 93. I salute them and may their souls ascend to heaven and rest in peace.

Click here for the video about their heroics

Lastly to any extremists that ever venture into this space, let the hatred ease. Revenges will only cause more hatred and it is vicious cycle that never ends. It is only when you learn to forgive and forget then only this world will be a better place.