Monday, March 21, 2011

Kki @ 7 Ann Siang Hill

Catching up with the backlog of unwritten blog posts, as I had been onto an afternoon tea spree lately =). I was introduced to this place by my friend and secondary classmate, Yih Cheng, after being captivated by the photos from him. Those pictures made me drool in the middle of the night when I were preparing for my certification papers =( lolz. Therefore I finally decided to locate and evaluate this café.

Food: 7
Out of the 2 cakes (Kinabaru and Little Red Ridding Hood LRRH), I liked Kinabaru better. The tea I had was Earl Grey and I guess the taste is pretty much standard with other Earl Greys. Just be careful with the tea brewing pot when drinking to prevent spillage; check with the lady there on how to do it properly if she did not instruct you.

Kinabaru: The yellow colouring is lemon flavour, the white portion of the cake is cheese and brown bottom is coconut. Interesting and refreshing combination.


LRRH: Fans of bitter dark chocolates will love this.


Raspberry filling in the middle.


Ambience: 7
The café itself does not have much décor just some standard white paint but the intriguing factor is the little Dröm Store that is beside it. It has all the old school retro stuff on sale.


Old school OHP that is also on display and I wondered if schools still uses it nowadays. I used to know how to change its bulb and repair the OHP screens when I were in AVA. This OHP is most likely not for sale as it is part of a project; click here to read more about the project.


Value: 6
This place does not have Tea sets so all the cakes and beverages are sold at à la carte prices. The 2 cakes and earl grey tea costed $30. They do not accept credit so just NETS or C.O.D.

Accessibility: 6
Can be quite difficult to locate but keep your eyes open for this sign below when your on Ann Siang Road. Walk in from the street in between Maxwell Market and URA centre. Try not to confuse it with 7 Ann Siang Road which will be the easier one to find, follow the path and look right, this store is actually around the next right turn. Click here for the map.


Service: 8
The service from the pregnant lady attending to me was prompt and thanks to her pointer on the tea brewing pot I did not embarrass myself by spilling the tea all over.

Total Yummy Score: 34/50

Editor Notes: Do check this place out when you have a chance.