Jon's Calling

One's calling cannot be mixed up with one's occupation as they are 2 separate entities.
Gary North defines "calling" as follows: the most important thing that you can do in which you would be most difficult to replace. He also defines "occupation" as the way you put bread on the table. Sometimes these can be the same, but not very often. The most important thing is your calling. Your occupation should support your calling. He quoted an example, "A hundred years ago, there was no confusion about calling and occupation for most women. The calling for most women was related to their families. So was their occupation. They were wives and mothers. They did not work outside the household for money. They were not paid a wage. In such a case, the calling is the same as the occupation."
So is being in the field of Information Technology my calling or simply my bread and butter? I cannot answer that question for the moment.
What I do know now is that I had already booked my Windows Vista certification test on the Friday after next. This would be my best gift to myself this year if I can make it. So wish me luck!!!