Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Love Story (Chapter 3)

A gust of wind blew through the window that I had forgotten to shut the night before awakened me in the frosty Sunday. As my weary eyes adjusted to the gentle morning rays, the sight that greeted me was the first snow scene this winter season. The snowfall this year seemed to have arrived a little earlier than usual but I certainly won't mind such splendour gracing the land as I peered onto the whitewashed streets below to soak up more of the intoxicating ambience.

Following a quick brush-up, I made a call to check if she was alright and it was promptly answered by her maid who informed me that she was not in. I hurried to the café where she would be at on Sunday mornings and true enough there she was with her favourite latte quietly reading a book, a stark difference in mood from just a day earlier. I stepped into the store after brushing off the snow from my coat, took the seat opposite her and ordered my share of hot cuppa. Tried to pick up a conversation while attempting to avoid a topic proved to be tricky and the atmosphere turned slightly awkward in no time.

Me: Wanna do snow sledding?
Her: OK sure, let's go!
I had not seen her so delighted for quite a while as I pulled her along while making a series of sharp turns at top speed. Her innocent smile is like a little girl in a candy store melting me from inside.

Such delightful moments are always short-lived it was time for us to part again at the same turn near her home. Just then her Memo Jazz beeped with a code 5012124, she immediately ran home in the opposite direction while waving her hand to signal goodbye and shouted her appreciation for cheering her up.

The following week I noticed that they had reconciled after seeing her relationship status in Friendster read "attached" instead of "it's complicated". She had misunderstood her boyfriend earlier, the classmate was merely a friend to him and he was totally not interested in her.

I ought be happy that they had patched up but some how my world just went black.

全世界都停了电 全世界白雪满天
才发觉在我心间 有回忆碎片
一作梦翻身 就刺痛流血
我卷着身体缩成一个圈 像一个句点